Korean Connection is composed of people sharing a blend of professional and personal interests: former Korean nationals, some now American citizens, some not; Korean adoptees and family members; families with Korean and American members living on separate continents; Korean students studying in West Michigan; people who have taught and lived in Korea; and veterans who were stationed in Korea. Our goal is to introduce and strengthen the relationships between the people in West Michigan.
Korean Connection is guided and taught by the following principles:
1. We believe that a culturally diverse and educated population is an important part of our community’s future.
2. We believe in the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We will create and maintain an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. We value people’s opinions and the diversity and creativity inherent in those opinions.
3. We believe in the importance of personal and organizational integrity. We will act with honesty and transparency, holding ourselves accountable to each other and our community. We will be responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
4. We believe in the importance of education and growth. Not only will we endeavor to educate the community through activities in support of our mission; but we will also strive for continuous organizational learning, improvement, and growth, utilizing measurement and evaluation tools.
5. We believe in supporting and partnering with individuals, groups, and organizations that promote cultural ties with South Korea.